Optical Fiber Inspection System
Identifies defects in fiber optic material during manufacturing on a draw tower. This high resolution system uses two line-scan cameras mounted at 90 degrees to each other, each equipped with a microscope objective. High powered LED’s are used to illuminate the fiber as it passes through inspection zone. Cameras are mounted on linear slides for auto-focus control.
This system, developed for a major manufacturer of fiber optic material, identifies defects as small as 20um in optical fiber moving up to 40m/min.
- User-defined analysis criteria
- 3.5 um max camera resolution
- Automatic focus adjustment
- Supports fiber diameters from 80-400 um
- Fiber speeds up to 40 m/min
- Includes offline analysis and validation software tools